Updating this 1940’s master bath involved adding storage and changing the tub to a shower. While the client’s stick with some of the lighter neutrals (whites and grey) they got rid of all the yellow.
- By flipping the vanity area with the tub area, an alcove was created for a larger custom tile shower
- The remaining space allowed for storage in a custom linen cabinet
- Additional storage was found on the vanity side with recessed Kohler medicine cabinets and a taller furniture style custom vanity
- All white tile in varying small patterns incorporated the original feel of the period along with the white slab doors and handles on the cabinetry
- A new pocket door was installed and allowed for a visually larger feel for the space versus the original swing door
- Personal features of a heated tile floor and bucket filling tub spout were incorporated at the homeowner’s request.
It is amazing how bright, welcoming and functional the room is now and will be great for the family on into retirement!