The original kitchen needed light, storage and better organization. A previous addition had allowed for the sink window to be changed into a pass thru, but the space called out to be more open and the function of kitchen had changed with the addition.
- By opening up the pass thru into the new family room addition, natural light poured in from the existing skylight and the patio door
- The soffits were removed for added storage and wall cabinet height
- Off white maple cabinetry with a routed recessed panel brightened the appearance and added character to the now open kitchen
- Earth colored quartz counter-tops that now extend into the family room, provide an overhang for storage and seating
- Under-counter LED lighting illuminates the new work surface and highlights the bead board back-splash
- Flipping the fridge also creates a new serving area for the widened opening into the dining room and the extending light oak flooring brings continuity to the the space
What an open friendly cottage feel now welcomes all who visit!
(last 2 pictures are before)