The 2 cooks of the home couldn’t enjoy cooking together in the small original U-shaped space. The space was also lacking storage and counter-top space.
- By moving the peninsula 2 feet out and increasing the interior floor space, there is now room to cook while someone washes or preps the meal
- The wood floor was feathered in and stained to match the existing so the move appears seamless
- The tired oak cabinets were replaced with fresh white painted brightening the space and adding storage
- The addition of LED can lights and LED under-cabinet lighting also helps brighten the room
- The new quartz counter-top was extended with an arch to create a snack bar
Now the kitchen is 2 cook friendly for the everyday meal as well as holiday gatherings!