Hard to believe this fun project started as an unfinished storage basement? It was transformed into a family room, powder room, workout gym, and dining area for family and friends. We still had space left over for storage and utilities.
- The homeowner helped by re-purposing the piece of furniture that became the vanity in the powder room and the old library chairs for the dining area.
- They also requested the barn-board accent wall with the door that hides the AV equipment made from 100 year old barn-board and in the workout room.
- There is even a reading nook for the kids on those rainy days.
- The overall space shows the multipurpose uses. The door way on the left goes into the work out area, the door in the right corner goes into the powder room. There is still room for storage under the stairs and below the reading nook.
- Large Pottery barn pendants and sconces give character to the space around the dining area.
- The chairs were found by the homeowner for sale online and were painted and reupholstered to fit the design of the space.
- This basement powder room is spacious and uses LVT (Luxury Vinyl Tile) on the floor for a warmer feel yet easy to clean.
- Cubbies were built under the stairs to store small equipment. The barn door covers the storage area and utilities
- Mirror was reused from bathroom upstairs. Barnboard was installed around mirror.
What a great way to expand the family/entertaining area in your home!