This 1960’s kitchen was tired and just worn out. The cabinets needed repair and they lacked storage. The only window faces north, so the kitchen was often dark and lacked task lighting. The four legged family member had special storage requirements also for food dishes and a better way of cleaning up.
- The wall cabinets were extended to the ceiling to help store items from other locations in the home
- A wall cabinet was also added above the sink with a valance to cover the new LED task lighting
- An angled base cabinet was added to the left of the range adding safety for anyone who entered
- The white cabinets brighten the space along with the under-cabinet LED task lights
- The only original item in the kitchen is the sheet vinyl floor (saved on the budget)
- Large drawers to the right of the range are now a great place to store the large feeding containers needed for the family dog
- The large single bowl sink allows for easy cleaning of those containers, the bonus was the sweeping spray of the Kohler Simplice faucet
The kitchen now is a pleasant space that serves the needs for the homeowner and the family dog!
(last 2 pictures are before)