A typical storage basement for this 1950’s home needed to be turned into more living space for the family.
- A guest bedroom was also requested prompting the addition of an egress window and closet
- The Basement was divided into seperate spaces including a reading nook
- The lower ceiling was painted black to keep as much of the ceiling height as possible yet making it feel finished
- The radon pipes and water meter were framed in with access panels creating additional storage and plant space
- Another request was for the storage cubbies under the stairs incorporating a fun place for toy storage
The final space is a warm and inviting retreat all year round!