The original U-shaped layout didn’t provide the countertop and storage the homeowner needed in their existing kitchen. The typical builder grade oak cabinets, soffits and central lighting darkened the room and the space needed a face lift.
- Removing the soffits, selecting semi-custom limestone (light gray) painted maple cabinets and reworking the appliance placement slightly, allowed for more vertical storage and additional countertop space around the range
- New can lights and under-cabinet lighting brightens the room and accents the detail of the new backsplash tile
- The existing roll around island was repainted and a matching granite countertop was added to contrast, yet provide continuity to the smaller space.
- The new LVP (Luxury Vinyl Planks) flooring was continued throughout the main floor
- Now the kitchen, dining, and living room visually enlarge the first floor and make it easier to care for their foster dogs
The end result made for a brighter and better functioning space for the whole family!