Sometimes a kitchen just needs more space to flow properly. The original home had an add on garage and family room floor plan that caused the new owners to go outside the garage before entering with groceries. The kitchen lacked storage, counter-top space and was a dark hallway with no eat in dining.
- By bumping out the kitchen approximately 6 feet and moving the backyard entry to the family room, the garage entry could now be included in the kitchen ((left of kitchen sink)
- Part of an original wall was retained to accommodate electrical and structure needs for the addition
- The space beyond the wall was used for the snack bar and opened up the space to the adjoining family room
- The soffits were removed and remodeling height wall cabinets were selected to add storage and visually expand the ceiling height
- Custom slate blue painted base cabinets and white uppers were requested to personalize the new space
- The microwave was found to be too low for cooking, was moved to a pantry space and a chimney hood was added for improved function
- Cambria quartz counter-tops and LVP (luxury vinyl plank) flooring make the space easy to maintain.
With the addition of accent pendants and accessories the kitchen is now a bright and enjoyable hub of the home!